Project Management Fundamentals
Duration | 3 days
Audience | Project managers and team members
- Course handouts and project workbook
- Electronic editable project management templates
- Certificate for PDU credits (21 hours)
This course provides the framework and foundation for team members currently in or moving into a project management role for an organization. An immersion course, Project Management Fundamentals uses extensive exercises and case studies in a team environment to promote participant usage of the concepts, processes, techniques, and tools provided. Participants not only develop an increased tool set for managing projects, but also gain creative problem solving skills through team collaboration — a skill that is absolutely essential to becoming a successful project manager.
Experience the most popular project management course two unique ways:
1. Use a sample project:
TPG collaborates with you to come up with a “sample” project that is representative of a “typical” project for your group.
- Participants learn how to manage a “typical” project for their company
- Allows for comparison among participants that generates rich discussion and reinforces learning
2. Project Survivor:
TPG’s hallmark project management course that features a fun Survivor-themed project.
- Build understanding of project management concepts
- Grow skills with proven project management techniques and tools while discovering best practices
- Understand the project environment
- Collaborate with peers on decisions about project direction
- Improved project delivery
- Better management of expectations on project work
- Expansion of tool sets for team members in the project management role
- Introduction of a common language for collaboration on project issues