Advancing Your Project Management Acumen
Duration | 2 days
Audience | Project managers, managers and project team members
- Participant workbook
- Course handouts
Have you moved beyond just Surviving Projects and are now ready to take on those (im)Possible Projects? Inspired by the popular movie series, Persimmon’s Mission (im)Possible: Advancing Your Project Management Acumen provides participants with project management skills and challenges them to apply those skills in new, innovative ways to improve productivity and profitability.
Interactive and exercise intensive, this course focuses on advancing project planning techniques, assumption management best practices, and project scheduling skills. During the course, participants also discover how to create a team with the right capabilities, how to effectively delegate, and how to leverage team members’ motivators. After completing this course, participants will have new tools and insights that can be immediately applied back on their (im)Possible Projects.
Note: The curriculum assumes participants have a strong foundation in project management. It is highly recommended that participants have either previously completed Persimmon’s Surviving PM Fundamentals course or a similar level class.
- Strengthen project scheduling skills
- Identify essential techniques for managing assumptions
- Learn how to more effectively manage the plan’s critical path
- Discover how to develop team synergy and create a self-sufficient project team
- Apply proven military special forces’ best practices to the workplace
- Deliver better estimates, effectively manage the critical path, and provide more accurate forecasts through Earned Value Management
- Be able to identify fact gaps in project assumptions and use assumption management techniques to improve project performance
- By advancing project planning techniques, develop more accurate project plans that provide the clarity needed to identify and address project issues earlier
- Through accurate measurement of project performance, provide more clear project communications to sponsors and teams
- Learn the skills to develop agile and adaptable team members