Are you looking to streamline the way you spend your time? Or take on a big dream? Check out these 10 free development resources to help you achieve your success.
1. C. Sgrott Wheedleton – Cris Sgrott-Wheedleton’s blog “Organizing Maniacs” provides a host of practical advice for keeping all areas of your life organized while also exploring the significant link between organization and happiness. (Start with: “Strategies to Help You Minimize”)
2. Craig Jarrow – Craig Jarrow, or The Time Management Ninja, writes about creating balance in your life by taking control of your time. His mission is to “Help you win the battle against wasted time, disorganization, and all other things evil.” (Start with: “10 Questions to Ask Yourself as You Start the New Year”)
3. Bakadesuyo.com – This blog, called Barking up the Wrong Tree, offers straightforward insights to help you become more resilient, more productive, and more motivated. Eric, the writer, aims to bring you science-based answers and expert insight on how to be “awesome at life.” (Start with: “How to Be Calm Under Pressure: 3 Secrets from a Bomb Disposal Expert”)
4. James Clear – James Clear is an invaluable source for anyone looking to improve their life. He covers topics including habits, thinking, performance, learning, and health. He aims to answer the question “How can we live better?” (Start with: this “best of” list of Clear’s published articles.)
5. Paid to Exist – Paid to Exist is all about living and working on your own terms. While some of the advice on this site is about how to get out of traditional work, many, if not all, of the tips can be applied to any lifestyle.
(Start with: “What to do When You Fall Out of Love with Your Work”)
6. Lewis Howes – Lewis Howe’s School of Greatness Podcast brings you stories from some of the most successful people in the world. This podcast will motivate, inspire, and educate you. It’s a must for anyone who wants to improve their personal and work life. Lewis is a New York Times bestselling author and he was recognized by The White House and President Obama as one of the top 100 entrepreneurs in the country under 30. (Start with: “John Assaraf: Unlock Your Brain’s Full Potential (and the Neuroscience Behind It)”)
7. Think Simple Now – Tina Su – Think Simple Now is a personal development community full of lessons to help push the focus on the important elements of your life. It’s founder, Tina Su, created TSN to empower individuals to find their inner clarity in a world that only grows more complex.
(Start with: “7 Ways to Escape Feeling Overwhelmed”)
8. Penelope Trunk – Penelope Trunk isn’t afraid to embrace an unpopular opinion—the result is a blog that sometimes ruffles feathers, but also provides insights and advice you won’t find anywhere else. (Start with: “5 Time Management Tricks I learned from Years of Hating Tim Ferriss”)
9. How I Built This – A podcast about changemakers and the stories behind the changes they made and the movements they built. In each episode, you’ll follow the subject’s journey and learn from their triumphs, failures, and insight. (Start with: Zumba, January 2, 2017)
“Zumba began as a mistake: aerobics teacher Beto Perez brought the wrong music to class, then improvised a dance routine to go with it. For his students, it was more fun than work—and it eventually grew into one of the biggest fitness brands in the world.”
10. Having it A.L.L, Conversations about living an Abundant Loving Life by Matthew Bivens. This podcast is real and raw. Matthew gets directly into real conversations with his guests and helps his listening figure out what ‘having it all’ means to them. If you want honest and straightforward advice on how to tap into your potential, this show is for you. After you listen to this show, you’ll stop asking people how they are doing, and start asking them how they are being. (Start with: “The Consequences of Brutal Honesty”)
Hopefully after reading through these suggestions you’ve found a method that relates to you and that you feel confident in. Don’t bookmark these pages, apply them and achieve your success!